Senior Language Test Engineer (SDET)
What We Do
The Quality Assurance team owns the testing process, risk management, and quality evaluation of all products and functions across Epic. Our team works closely with developers and production to ensure the best possible user experience for our community and customers.
What You'll Do
As a Senior Language Test Engineer at Epic Games, you will collaborate with developers, producers and QA engineers to create test maps in UEFN that help stress and find bugs in Verse, Verse API, and UEFN. You will partner with developers and QA to drive the test tools and automation efforts for the Verse programming language. We are looking for someone with an interest in and love of programming languages testing. In this role, you will be working on the test design, tooling and hands on implementation of how to test the Verse programming language, which is a new programming language created by Epic and designed for coding game experiences at metaverse scale!
In this role, you will
• Build out and maintain the tools and frameworks for testing Verse language compiler and the tool chain (such as linker, assembler, debugger etc)
• Help build new features / APIs before they ship and help shift quality left
• Work closely with language implementation engineers to ensure an testability of code
• Design and maintain the scripting interface to the Unreal Engine
• Participate in design and implementation discussions and bring test engineering principles and best practices to the team.
• Ability to investigate, triage and debug issues and independently work towards results
What we're looking for
• Experience in testing programming languages
• Proficiency in C++ and C#
• Well-versed in test engineering and software engineering principles, especially around testability of code, comprehensive end-to-end testing, system testing and integration testing
• Experience developing in a large codebase at a fast pace, ability to write high-performance reusable code
• Ability to think creatively with a strong attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to communicate fluently in English (written and verbal)
• Experience working with or implementing lexical and syntactical analysis
• Understanding of functional programming, object-oriented programming, and imperative programming
• Strong understanding of programming language design and design concepts
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz22k7-3-238-180-174-42 in your application.