Engineering at Epic
What we do
Unreal projects have been leading the pack of real-time entertainment with our constantly growing team of engineering experts. We're always improving on the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide. Building new game experiences requires both content and code, and we're working on tools for both.
What you'll do
As a Senior Language Programmer at Epic Games, you will be at the center of our mission to enable the next generation of game developers. We are looking for someone with an interest in and love of programming languages to help develop a new language for coding game experiences at metaverse scale!
In this role, you will
• Implement new language features
• Build out and maintain the language compiler and tool chain
• Work closely with language consumers to ensure an exceptional user experience
• Design and maintain the scripting interface to the Unreal Engine
• Fix bugs and maintain the language code base
What we're looking for
• Proficiency in C++
• Well-versed in software engineering principles, especially API design
• Experience developing in a large codebase at a fast pace, making trade-offs between usability, performance, and power
• Demonstrated ability to communicate fluently in English (written and verbal)
• Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Nice to have
• Experience working with the Unreal Engine
• Familiarity and experience with gameplay scripting
• Familiarity with an existing game engine with an understanding of game engine and editor concepts
• Experience in language compiler and tool chain development
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk37m4-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.