Engineering at Epic
What we do
Unreal projects have been leading the pack of real-time entertainment with our constantly growing team of engineering experts. We're always improving on the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What you'll do
The Fortnite Creative Team is bringing the entire toolset of Unreal Engine and the Unreal Editor to developers and creators to make and publish experiences within Fortnite.
As part of this Team, you will be writing gameplay systems, APIs and a broader gameplay framework, and features to unlock Fortnite creators to build the next generation of amazing gameplay experiences.
• Architect gameplay systems and implement robust, stable, and usable APIs for internal and external game developers
• Collaborate closely with engineers across multiple teams to help develop solutions that can meet their needs
• Proactively reaching out to gather and respond to critical feedback from other developers
• Experiment and research new solutions with engineers and game designers while using rapid prototyping to ensure that strong architectural and algorithmic decisions are made
• Work closely with art and design to create and iterate on gameplay features and tools
• Supporting technical excellence on multiple platforms
• Optimize and fix bugs in existing gameplay systems
• Write robust, maintainable code
• Experience developing games professionally, and shipping AAA titles
• A keen analytical mind, with strong problem-solving skills
• Strong C++ skills and the ability to code and architect gameplay mechanics and associated tools
• Experience with multiple programming languages and proven track record of leveraging a languages strengths while avoiding its pitfalls
• Strong math skills
• Well versed in games and the ability to articulate what is strong/weak about the design of existing games (an interest in online games is preferred)
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience writing performant code that runs on multiple different hardware platforms, especially game consoles
• Experience working on a live service game
• Self-motivated, strong work ethic, and able to work independently
• Creativity in problem-solving and the ability to think outside of the established solutions
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and work with team members to help define deliverables
• Keen interest in games
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbjppy-18-208-132-74-42 in your application.