Senior Gameplay Programmer
Engineering at Epic
What we do
Unreal projects have been leading the pack of real-time entertainment with our constantly growing team of engineering experts. We're always improving on the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What you'll do
The Fortnite Creative Team is bringing the entire toolset of Unreal Engine and the Unreal Editor to developers and creators to make and publish experiences within Fortnite.
As part of this Team, you will be writing gameplay systems, APIs and a broader gameplay framework, and features to unlock Fortnite creators to build the next generation of amazing gameplay experiences.
In this role, you will
• Own the architecture and implementation of major technical gameplay features and systems
• Deep-dive into industry leading technical challenges where you will help to drive the vision and solutions
• Help drive and give feedback on the implementation and integration of our new scripting language with Fortnite
• Build and maintain bridges with other stakeholders to maintain and drive the vision
• Look for ways to push the technology forward in new and innovative ways
• Deep-dive on various technical gameplay framework topics, ensuring that the architecture and code are robust and scalable
What we're looking for
• Excellent C++ skills and software engineering principles
• Experience architecting large, robust systems on AAA games or game engine technology
• Experience having worked on and shipped large game projects
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate fluently in English (written and verbal)
• Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Nice to have skills
• Experience with different engine technologies for perspective, including Unreal Engine, Unity, Frostbite, etc
• Familiarity with multiple hardware platforms
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxnmyo-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.