Senior Gameplay Designer (Events)
Design at Epic
What we do
Put your design skills to work at a cutting-edge company that challenges the norm. From character and level design to competitive gameplay and system design, help shape the future of interactive entertainment at Epic.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic.
What you'll do
Epic Games is looking for Senior Game Designers to join our team working on Events within Fortnite. In this role, you'll utilize your experience, knowledge of design tools, and a great sense of scale to push the quality of the project and delight players with fresh experiences.
In this role, you will
• Designing fun experiences for our players. How can we think outside the box to deliver something new?
• Owning implementation of large parts of these experiences from start to finish. Blueprint Scripting, Replication, sequences, replays etc
• Be the go-to person for the implementation of complex content that stretches the capabilities of existing systems, or projects that require heavy artist/designer/engineer interaction
• Be an advocate for player experience and create compelling user stories
What we're looking for
• 5+ years of game design experience with at least 2 shipped games.
• Strong familiarity with visual scripting languages; preferably Blueprints.
• A broad skill set is a strength! We are a small team, so cross discipline skills are highly valued.
• Ability to communicate your ideas and collaborate with others
• Create clear and concise design specs
• Strong verbal communication of ideas to the team
• Creating your own functional prototypes
• You're user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Nice to have skills
• Deep familiarity with Fortnite Battle Royale
• Experience with network replication
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7knzq-3-214-224-207-42 in your application.