What We Do
Put your design skills to work at a cutting-edge company that challenges the norm. From character and level design to competitive gameplay and system design, help shape the future of interactive entertainment at Epic.
What You'll Do
Epic Games is looking for a Senior Gameplay Designer to join our team working on Fortnite. In this role, you'll work with the gameplay team to create features and systems that delight players with fresh experiences. Gameplay Designers at Epic are a part of a cross-discipline development team that own the vision and drive to create innovative features and content which expand the Fortnite universe.
In this role, you will
• Help drive the design vision, documentation, implementation and own the outcome outcome for major features and large areas of the game.
• Work in the Unreal Engine to implement your designs in Blueprint in close collaboration with engineers, animators, VFX, sound artists and others.
• Actively participate in big-picture decisions, and work with other designers to focus on the right elements to achieve superior results.
• Drive collaborative and iterative prototyping, both paper-based and in-game.
• Attend playtests, provide feedback, and identify practical solutions to problems.
What we're looking for
• 5+ years experience shipping multiple titles as a game designer.
• Experience designing game content for GaaS model or relevant online games experience.
• Passion for games with a wide breadth of game knowledge.
• Demonstrated talent for empathizing with players and a deep understanding of player motivations, forms of play, and the effects of goal setting on play.
• Strong interest in BR and multiplayer games with an understanding of what makes them work.
• Solution oriented problem solver who can react quickly to changing project needs and drive to decisions.
• Exceptional communication skills and the ability to fully own the outcome of a cross-disciplined team.
If you have a portfolio/reel/website you'd like to share, please hyperlink it to your resume, or submit it as an attachment with your application.
This role is open to multiple locations across North America and Europe (including CA, NYC, and WA).
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren't limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic's generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
New York City Base Pay Range
$171,715 - $251,848 USD
California Base Pay Range
$161,411 - $236,737 USD
Washington Base Pay Range
$161,411 - $236,737 USD
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3bqyx-3-231-217-107-42 in your application.