DESIGN AT EPIC
What We Do
Put your design skills to work at a cutting-edge company that challenges the norm. From character and level design to competitive gameplay and system design, help shape the future of interactive entertainment at Epic.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic.
What you'll do
Epic Games is looking for Lead Quest Designers to join our team working on Fortnite. In this role, you'll drive a team of designers in order to create quest content that supports a variety of systems, modes, and playstyles. Lead Quest Designers at Epic guide a cross-discipline development team responsible for engaging players with goals that enrich their experience and tie in to broader forms of progression.
In this role, you will
• Guide a team to craft goals for players that build their exposure, experience, and mastery of new and existing game mechanics all while immersing them in the world of Fortnite.
• Own the design, vision and outcome for quest content that fulfills key player engagement metrics and supports broad systematic framework needs.
• Communicate and represent a vision for the player's experience to your team members as well as supporting teams of all crafts.
• Collaborate with product management and marketing teams to ensure player satisfaction and overall game health.
• Lead by example to set the quality bar for design.
• Actively participate in big-picture decisions, and ensure the design team focuses on the right elements to achieve superior results.
• Drive collaborative and iterative prototyping, both paper-based and in-game.
• Work closely with production to identify, prioritize, assign, and evaluate design work.
• Lead, develop and grow the design team, enabling designers to achieve their career goals and best outcomes while also increasing the capabilities of the team.
What we're looking for
• 5+ years experience shipping multiple titles as a game designer working on quest content or goal-based progression systems.
• 2+ years in a leadership role, including experience managing or leading a team.
• Experience designing game content for GaaS model.
• Passion for games with a wide breadth of game knowledge.
• Demonstrated talent for empathizing with players and a deep understanding of player motivations, forms of play, and the effects of goal setting on play.
• Strong interest in BR and multiplayer games with an understanding of what makes them work.
• Organized leader who can structure and plan their own work, as well as guide planning for their teams.
• Solution oriented problem solver who can react quickly to changing project needs and drive to decisions.
• You're user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyo2mq-34-207-247-69-42 in your application.