ENGINEERING - ONLINE INFRASTRUCTURE
What We Do
We enable Epic's online services teams to build, deploy, and manage services that are used by more than half a billion players around the world. Our mission is to provide world class tools and platforms to improve the experience of our developers and make it easier, faster, and safer to build, operate, and scale their applications. We operate at massive scale as one of the largest cloud computing users in the world.
What You'll Do
Epic Games is looking for a Senior Full-Stack Engineer to join the Service Management Platform team to work directly on our service management platform (based on Backstage) and the backend services that support it. A Full-Stack role would mean working and owning the full-service delivery process of apps - configuring development tools, setting up CI/CD pipelines and automated testing, provisioning AWS resources, configuring monitoring tools, communicating with other teams, and planning the integration of internal systems into the platform using React.
In this role, you will
• Build features that ensure a convenient and consistent UI/UX interface for customers and partners
• Improve and maintain an existing codebase
• Develop microservices to support platform-specific functionality
• Communicate with owners of Epic services to plan service integrations into the platform
• Ensure monitoring coverage of applications
• Enhance CI/CD pipeline for applications to make it fast and replicable
• Develop internal dashboard tooling with React
What we're looking for
• Experience with Node.js, TypeScript, and frontend frameworks such as React
• Understanding of authorization and authentication mechanisms: OAuth, OpenID, JWTs
• Experience working with relational database-based services (Postgres)
• Experience working with NoSQL database-based services (Elasticsearch)
• Testing-oriented mindset: unit, integration, and end-to-end
• Focus on service maintainability, automation, and security
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren't limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic's generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0joze-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.