ENGINEERING AT EPIC
WHAT WE DO
The Online team at Epic Games is developing an innovative platform which provides tools and services with world-class features and scalability to developers and gamers. We're making it easier and faster for developers to successfully launch, operate, and scale high-quality games. As a game developer ourselves, we understand how to tackle hard problems and are sharing the fruits of our labor with others in the development community.
LIKE WHAT YOU HEAR? YOU CAN BE EPIC.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a Senior Frontend Web Engineer on the Social team you will build client applications with a focus on Epic Online Services In-Game Social Overlay and projects within Epic's social ecosystem. At Epic, you'll work closely with Epic teams around the world to further develop and maintain responsive front end and user-centered experiences. We use a wide range of technologies based on the application and need - such as React+Node for in-house frontend applications, Typescript, Docker, and GraphQL to name a few. Whether it's a tool used by customer service to assist gamers or a web-based companion application for a game, at Epic you'll have opportunities to make an impact in many areas across the company.
In this role, you will
• Work side by side with designers and strategists to rapidly prototype and build digital products
• Ensure code integrity and a smooth go to market experience
• Create, develop and deploy new products within the Epic ecosystems
What we're looking for
• A keen appreciation for design
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong time management and problem-solving capabilities
• Proven debugging and troubleshooting skills
• Experience implementing designs into a performant pages and applications
• Basic Full-Stack experience with a passion for front-end development
• Knowledge of responsive and adaptive design principles with the ability to translate into fluid and responsive templates
• Strong working knowledge of developing cross platform/browser compatibility (Chrome, IE, Firefox, Safari, etc.) for dynamic web applications
• Comfortable working in small teams and owning the development of experience
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we've been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic's award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4jow1-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.