Design At Epic
What We Do
Put your design skills to work at a cutting-edge company that challenges the norm. From character and level design to competitive gameplay and system design, help shape the future of interactive entertainment at Epic.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
What You'll Do
Epic Games is looking for a Senior Interaction Designer to join the Advanced Project team to work on innovative next-gen projects using cutting edge engine features. In this role, you'll utilize your experience, knowledge of design tools, and a strong sense of innovation to push the quality of the project and delight users with fresh experiences.
In This Role You Will
• Think outside the box to deliver new user experiences.
• Own the implementation of large parts of these experiences from start to finish. Blueprint scripting, replication, sequences, replays
• Be the go-to person for the implementation of complex content that stretches the capabilities of existing systems, or projects that require heavy artist/designer/engineer interaction
• Advocate for player experience and for creating compelling user stories
• Built in-engine tools to help the team achieve their goal
What We're Looking For
• 5+ years professional experience designing a wide variety of gameplay systems in Unreal Engine, with at least one shipped game or several interactive projects.
• An advanced Blueprint user comfortable building everything from 1st person shooter logic to touchscreen interactions and editor tools
• Broad knowledge of the Unreal Engine editor
• Strong understanding of Gameplay Frameworks
• Extensive problem solving skills and debugging abilities
• Ability to communicate your ideas and collaborate with others
• You're user-focused, self-driven, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do
Nice To Have Skills
• Experience with Unreal Engine GAS
• Experience with network replication
• Basic C++ knowledge
• 3D Generalist understanding
This position is open in multiple locations across North America including: Cary, Seattle, Austin, San Francisco, Toronto.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkwn98-54-227-97-219-42 in your application.