What We Do
Our team builds and supports the frameworks that empower the best online player experiences in Epic's games like Fortnite. In addition, we provide the Unreal Engine plugins that make it easier for developers to also online features to their games across a variety of platforms and services. We currently focus on systems such as authentication, commerce, matchmaking, player inventory, leaderboards, achievements, voice chat, parties, lobbies and more.
What You'll Do
As a member of our team, you can expect to contribute across a variety of online game features and hardware platforms, from desktop to console to mobile. You will partner closely with backend service teams as well as game teams, ensuring that the underlying systems we build are scalable and secure.
In This Role You Will
• Research capabilities for online functionality available on various platforms
• Design new APIs that will support online features for both Epic's games and the Unreal Engine
• Ensure that the usage of online services in Epic's games (such as Fortnite) are resilient at scale
• Build tools that make it easier to develop online features
• Support the Unreal Engine developer community
What We're Looking For
• C++ expertise
• Strong problem-solving, logic, and troubleshooting skills
• Online service integration experience
• An ability to architect system frameworks and tools
• Experience with multithreading, asynchronous, and event-driven programming
• Experience using networking diagnostic and debugging tools (Charles, Postman, Wireshark, or others)
• Passion for building great user experiences and products that serve diverse use cases
• Experience with one or more of the following: game engines, REST services (we use Java), consoles (Xbox, Nintendo, Playstation), or mobile (Android, iOS)
When applying, please provide your resume along with code samples, GitHub, or other relevant links. We'll be in touch soon.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7k25q-52-23-219-12-42 in your application.