What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic's success is a talented, passionate team. We pride ourselves on a creative, collaborative, and inclusive environment. Whether building award-winning games or honing engine technology that enables others to create stunning interactive experiences, we're focused on innovation.
Being Epic means continually striving to do right by our community. We empower creators to make great games, and help players to safely and easily enjoy them.
Online Engineering at Epic
What we do
Our team builds online frameworks that support player experiences for internal games like Fortnite. In addition, we provide the Unreal Engine plugins that make it easier for developers to add online features to their games across a variety of platforms and services. We currently focus on systems like authentication, commerce, matchmaking, player inventory, leaderboards, achievements, voice chat, parties, lobbies and more.
What you'll do
As a member of our team, you can expect to contribute across a variety of online game features and hardware platforms, from desktop to console to mobile. You will partner closely with backend services teams and game teams, ensuring that the underlying systems we build are scalable and secure.
In this role, you will
• Research capabilities for online functionality available on various platforms
• Design new APIs that will support online features for both Epic's games and the Unreal Engine
• Ensure that the usage of online services in Epic's games (such as Fortnite) are resilient at scale
• Build tools that make it easier to develop online features
• Support the Unreal Engine developer community
If this sounds exciting, we would love to talk!
• C++ expertise
• Strong problem-solving, logic, and troubleshooting skills
• Online service integration experience
• An ability to architect system frameworks and tools
• Experience with multithreading, asynchronous, and event-driven programming
• Experience using networking diagnostic and debugging tools (we use Charles, Postman)
• Passion for building great user experiences and products that serve diverse use cases
• Experience with one or more of the following: game engines, REST services (we use Java), consoles (Xbox, Nintendo, Playstation), or mobile (Android, iOS)
When applying, please provide your resume along with code samples, GitHub, or other relevant links. We'll be in touch soon.
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxn7nj-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.