ENGINEERING - UNREAL ENGINE
What We Do
Unreal-powered projects have been on the bleeding edge of real-time entertainment for over 20 years. Our team of engineering experts are always innovating to improve the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What You'll Do
Epic Games is searching for an experienced Senior Engine Programmer to join our Platform team. In this role you'll help solve performance and stability problems in Unreal Engine across multiple platforms, as well as help guide our internal teams towards implementing automated solutions for tracking and maintaining bar-raising quality across Engine releases.
In this role, you will
• Optimize iteration times, and improve existing systems for performance, memory usage, and user experience
• Establish workflows to validate performance improvements and prevent regressions across different engine subsystems and platforms
• Build tools and workflows to enable developer efficiency and autonomy
• Act as a bridge and subject matter expert between game developers and engine technology
What we're looking for
• Excellent C++ skills and software engineering principles
• Extensive expertise in optimizing Unreal Engine (UE4 or later) for optimal performance across various gaming consoles
• Experience profiling and optimizing CPU/GPU systems in one or more areas of game development or similar industry
• Experience implementing and debugging large, robust systems on game or game engine technology
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate fluently in English
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gky80p-18-206-48-243-42 in your application.