ENGINEERING - UNREAL ENGINE
What we do
Unreal-powered projects have been on the bleeding edge of real-time entertainment for over 20 years. Our team of engineering experts are always innovating to improve the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What you'll do
Epic Games is searching for an experienced Senior Engine Programmer to join our Foundation Core team. In this role, you'll develop low-level tools and systems that all UE users use to build and ship their games, and pipelines that Epic uses internally to ship the Unreal Engine and games like Fortnite. The ideal candidate will have a love of practical problem solving and an affinity for improving the day-to-day workflow of other developers.
In this role, you will
• Develop custom tools and pipelines for other engineers and content creators
• Optimize iteration times, and improve existing systems for performance, memory usage, and user experience
• Establish test workflows to validate performance improvements and prevent regressions
• Support external customers by answering their technical requests and questions
What we're looking for
• Excellent C++ knowledge
• Comfortable writing multithreaded code and reasoning about dependency graphs and content pipeline for large games
• Experience profiling and optimizing a large codebase
• Demonstrated ability to reason about large, interacting systems from the macro-level to the micro-level
• Someone who is passionate, solution-oriented, proactive and autonomous.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjn75b-35-175-107-185-42 in your application.