What we do
Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of an end-to-end digital ecosystem for developers and creators to build, distribute, and operate games and other content. This ecosystem exists to build immersive, creatively inspiring, and engaging digital experiences for anyone to enjoy individually or together. Epic Games aims to lead the industry to a more open environment built on a foundation of privacy, security, trust, and interoperability by design.
The online team provides crucial building blocks for the metaverse, including but not limited to, game services, commerce and payments, marketplaces, social systems, and general developer experiences. These services support both internal and external partners.
What you'll do
• Manage the Product discipline - Develop a strong team of product managers through culture, training, coaching, and recruiting. Establish and maintain processes that are thoughtful, data-driven, and transparent. Maintain the team in a healthy and sustainable manner so that all can consistently deliver results for the long-term.
• Head product vision and strategy - Define and communicate a product strategy that is in alignment with user needs, market trends, Epic's principles, Epic's objectives, relevant laws, platform certification requirements, and is in the hearts and minds of the team at all levels.
• Collaborate in development - Lead the product vision in a highly collaborative positive effort with engineering, design, production, analytics, and customer facing teams.
• Collaborate with stakeholders - Work with internal game teams to align internal needs and opportunities, with external partners to understand market needs and drive adoption, and with gaming's largest platforms and stores to partner on open standards and interoperability.
• Be hands on - Operate at all levels and stay connected to the details.
What we're looking for
• Proven track record in product management of complex multi-platform experiences and services in the global video gaming industry.
• Proven track record in leading high-functioning sustainable product teams.
• Exceptional communications skills. Communication needs to scale from day-to-day cross-functional and inter-department collaboration to C-level leadership and non-technical audiences.
• Self-starter. You can thrive in an environment with little direction, create a vision and find the resources to execute it.
• Leadership skills to align vision to strategy and tactics in ways that drive alignment across teams and departments.
• Analytical mindset. Use market and competitive analysis to deliver data-informed decisions, evaluations, and goal setting. Have the ability to detect oversights and biases in analyses.
• System thinker. Capability to establish a coherent model of interconnected components within a broader system.
• Adaptable. Proven track record of responding to emerging user insights and shifting market dynamics.
• You're user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
• Experience managing a set of solutions, not simply a single product.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4znxv-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.