What We Do
Epic IT's mission is to build and support a technology platform where every person and every team at Epic can do their best work. We are driven to maximize productivity by leveraging our technology in innovative ways. You will be empowered to create and build IT services across our business.
What You'll Do
Senior DevOps Engineer
Epic Games is growing operations inside our IT team to help promote and build a devops platform in support of our engineering teams. The person in this role will work closely with various internal stakeholders to provide building block type services that enhance the usability experience for Epic's internal hosting services. This role will help with items including operational excellence, observability, and performance at scale.
In This Role You Will
• Work with key stakeholders to define and evolve the core service offerings of the team; with the overall goal of facilitating more mature devops practices and making it easier to consume Epic's infrastructure hosting platforms
• Provide technical leadership and help improve devops processes; sometimes providing technical oversight and mentorship to other engineers on the team
• Design and build operational infrastructure to support IT development and deployment pipelines
• Provide escalation level troubleshooting and timely resolution of system, network, and infrastructure problems
• Design systems that cleanly integrate with legacy and emerging technologies
• Lead and influence the architectural design of systems by validating solutions, determining quality, and adhering to repeatable standards
What We're Looking For
• 7+ years experience with Linux and cloud computing platforms. Such as AWS.
• 5+ years experience with infrastructure as code, configuration management, and continuous integrations tools (e.g. Ansible, Terraform, Packer, and Jenkins)
• 5+ year expertise in designing, analyzing, & troubleshooting large-scale systems
• Demonstrable scripting experience with a variety of scripting languages for automating tasks, generating reports, and creating tools (e.g. Groovy, Python, Shell)
• Experience with a continuous delivery model of deploying software
• Proven history of working directly with application and development teams
Nice To Have Skills
Preference for candidates with
• Proficiency in Groovy and/or Python
• Demonstrated philosophy of automating your way out of repetitive operational work
• Experience with and deep understanding of of Agile methodologies
• Testing Ansible with Molecule
• Strong documentation and diagram skills
• DevOps Tools, including Terraform, Ansible, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Docker
• Experience with databases, NoSQL and SQL, such as MongoDB and Postgresql
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d98kvz-3-81-89-248-42 in your application.