Senior Technical QA Analyst, Online Game Services
What You'll Do
You've made games and sample games as a core of your career. You can script, create assets, pull together all the elements to stand up the prototype to communicate the vision. You've done this to help set the direction with both tools and games. In this role you'll help to design and inform the development of tools for the Metaverse. From in-game Creators to AAA developers you'll ensure that users have an opportunity to contribute with whatever tool and capability they have. You'll gather feedback and be open to testing your assumptions on the product design working with engineering, design, art, and community in developing a new generation of game development tools.
In This Role You Will
• Develop a deep understanding of how the in-game and editor tools will be used to create experiences
• Partner with the engineering team to design, implement and validate tools and solutions to create experiences both in-game and editor.
• Use the tools to make experiences
• Design and implement the tools
• Work with product management, publishing, developer relations, and the community to gather and consider new features to develop.
• Work with the community and developer relations teams along with the community to directly hear how the tools are being used and what we can do to improve them.
• Work with the publishing and partnerships teams to understand and support their efforts.
What We're Looking For
• 10 years of experience in games or game development tools with a focus on implementing interactive experiences.
• Experience with developing game editor tools and/or in-game creation tools, such as Unreal Editor, Unity, or internal game development tools.
• Ability to assess systems and features from an end-user perspective.
Nice To Have Skills
• Experience with software as a service (SAAS).
• Experience with multiple scripting languages, visual and text based.
• Experience working with a variety of disciplines.
• Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
• Ability to drive consensus with clever, thoughtful people.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8171q-3-236-51-151-42 in your application.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.