Epic is seeking a Senior Data Architect to help design, build, manage and evangelize our big data streaming platform.
You'll be deeply involved with optimizing our existing streaming services, evaluating new technologies, managing cloud infrastructure and more. Our ingestion pipelines peak at over 90GB per minute. If you're interested in working with very low latency data at massive scale, let's chat.
In this role, you will:
• Design, build, and maintain all parts of the data pipeline to support gamer behavior analysis and device telemetry
• Build a deep understanding of our products and become the de-facto expert on all aspects of our data platform and the services which run on it
• Take a lead role in evolving that architecture, investigating new technologies to fill gaps or to modernize aspects of the platform that require it
• Offer guidance and technical leadership to other engineers on the team
• Evangelize our product offerings and services to other engineering teams within Epic
• Participate in design discussions with other engineering teams to solve issues in providing services to third parties as part of our Epic Online Services offerings
What we're looking for:
• Minimum 7 years of experience in a data-driven information environment, recently focused on designing and implementing low latency, high throughput data pipelines, ideally in a video gaming context
• You've acted as a technical lead in the implementation of at least one near to real time data pipeline, ideally leveraging Kafka and Flink
• Detail-oriented and comfortable working with requirements that are open-ended
• Rigorous experience with software development methodology around unit testing, performance tuning, integration testing, etc.
• AWS environment experience, preferre
• Passion for video games and/or video game technology
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.