What We Do
Push your artistic talent to the limit on a team of world-class environment, character and concept artists who strive to innovate and inspire.
What You'll Do
Epic Games is looking for a Senior Concept Artist to join our team working on Fortnite. In this role you will work directly with the art and design departments to create and quickly iterate on exciting, purposeful characters that look amazing. You should have a combination of strong creative/visual aesthetics, excellent design skills, and a clear rendering style in designing characters. You should be able to demonstrate that you can think outside the box and translate an awesome gameplay experience into an awesome visual experience, as well as have experience creating stylized to semi-stylized concept content.
In this role, you will
• Create characters, enemies, and environments based on direction from the project Art Director and input from the game design team.
• Based on visual direction from the Art Leads, collaborate on the visual style and ensure our designs are of the Epic quality bar.
• Help Epic push the visual envelope by creating stunning and inspiring characters.
• Create and iterate unique and stunning designs within a determined production schedule.
• Create alternate skin designs for approved hero characters
• Partner with other departments such as Character Design or Modeling team, to ensure the concept designs work within the project workflow.
What we're looking for
• Experience designing slick, detailed, modern, forward looking characters
• An eye for modern fashion-forward aesthetics that speak to our audience of teens and young adults
• A mind for technical function and aesthetic pursuit with an ability to balance creativity with function
• Ability to work within gameplay design restraints (environment scale, character abilities, prototype function, etc.) and translate those restrictions into visuals that enhance the experience
• Experience creating mechanical designs
• Strong traditional drawing skills and knowledge of the human anatomy
• Strong understanding of color theory and how color affects mood & focal points
If you have a portfolio/reel/website you'd like to share, please hyperlink it to your resume, or submit it as an attachment with your application.
This role is open to multiple locations (including CA, NYC, and WA).
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren't limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic's generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
New York City Base Pay Range
$108,675 - $233,625 USD
California Base Pay Range
$102,155 - $219,608 USD
Washington Base Pay Range
$102,155 - $219,608 USD
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9ne47-3-227-251-94-42 in your application.