Discipline at Epic
What we do
Use your expert experience in data & analytics to build powerful stories and visuals that inform the games we make, the technology we develop, and business decisions that drive Epic.
What you'll do
Epic Games is looking for a Senior Data Analyst with a focus on collection, interpretation, visualization, and analysis of our data to join our growing team. The primary objective of the position is to turn complex data into visualizations that allow technical and non-technical customers to understand the data and draw actionable conclusions. In this role, you will take initiative, and work autonomously in a fast-paced environment. You'll directly contribute to improving the understanding of KPI and player behavior across all of Epic's products, including the Unreal Engine and all of our games.
In this role, you will
• Work across marketing, publishing, and game teams, sharing KPI-driven reporting and insights
• Build a deep understanding of our products and become an expert on all analytics data collected
• Develop and maintain standards for dashboards and reporting initiatives. This includes making sure data is visualized appropriately, creating consistent standards, and confirming that all data is accurate
• Work with data analysts to determine customer needs and visualize report outputs to clearly answer questions
• Support users of our self-service data pipeline to help them understand the data they are using and teach them appropriate methods to access and summarize the data
• Document requirements, developing, and delivering both written reports with analysis and charts on a dashboard
• Take accountability for the quality of data reported by our products, and working with engineering and QA to consistently monitor and improve our data
• Perform statistical data analysis using data querying tools such as SQL and TSQL
• Perform analysis and valuation (ROI, CBA) for product improvement, data quality and usage metrics, and data integration
What we're looking for
• Demonstrated skills in visualizing data, specifically utilizing Tableau
• Previous professional experience as a Business Intelligence or Statistical Data Analyst
• Passion for sharing data with others
• Overall desire to make things better
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated understanding of both contemporary video games and analytics best practices
• Passion for the gaming industry
• Preference to applications with experience in SQL, Hive, Presto, Distributed Computing
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love we have for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.