ENGINEERING AT EPIC
WHAT WE DO
As part of the Developer Experiences team you'll be an integral part in building services that enable developers to distribute their games on the Epic Games Store (EGS). Our team builds tools and workflows that reduce both time and effort required to get a product on our store by providing self-service tools and workflows as well as internal reviewing tools. The services and tools we build are critical to scaling up the number of products we can bring onto the Epic Games Store and this role will have a direct impact on that outcome.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a member of our team, you will craft highly available, high throughput, low latency services at scale, synchronous and asynchronous services, persistent connection services, and a variety of other systems. You'll build services to manage data and workflows for developers to self-service distributing their games as well as internal tools and integrations for Epic to interact with these products.
In this role, you will
• Get things done: Epic empowers engineers to assess a challenge, craft a solution, and implement it
• Write distributed systems to handle large scale challenges (we use Java, Scala)
• Work with public cloud infrastructure to facilitate a fast moving ecosystem (we use AWS)
• Own the entire lifecycle of services, including live operations and deployment
• Craft solutions using modern SQL and nonrelational databases (we use Mongodb, Dynamo and Redis)
• Work together with both upstream and downstream service owners, producers and other cloud, infrastructure and embedded DevOps engineers to ship solutions
• Own the outcome - Be accountable for the solutions you build and flexible around the ambiguity of the problem space
What we're looking for
• 6+ years of software engineering experience, with experience in developing online systems
• Proven track record of operating live services
• Experience working with a team of engineers to solve large and ambiguous problems
• Excellent communication skills including the ability to provide, solicit and accept feedback constructively
• You're user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r709bq-35-175-107-185-42 in your application.