Audio at Epic
What we do
We raise the quality level of audio in all Epic game titles and technologies as well as engage with a world-class team to create amazing gaming experiences.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic.
What you'll do
Psyonix is seeking a talented Senior Audio Programmer that is passionate about game sound and music. You will not only play a critical role in building systems and tools that directly support Psyonix's audio team, but those tools will inevitably ship as part of the Unreal Engine for use by its licensees. This job is an exciting opportunity to work within the Psyonix audio team as well as Epic's Audio Engine Team as a whole, blazing a pathway into the future with innovations and making the soundscape of our games the best it can be.
In this role, you will
• Design and implement new audio features and tools for Psyonix internal projects
• Work closely with technical sound designers to support and extend audio workflows and pipelines
• Help audio designers in their use of engine/editor tools adding quality of life features as needed
• Maintain understanding of all Psyonix projects to drive memory and performance optimizations for audio
• Work with the audio team to track down and resolve gameplay-related audio bugs and performance issues
• Write clear, maintainable, and functional code
• Profile and tune code to meet performance standards
• Test and document your work
What we're looking for
• Minimum of 5+ years professional audio programming experience working on the game engine code
• B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
• Strong programming skills in C++
• Knowledge of the Unreal 4 pipelines and framework
• Experience with digital signal processing, including effects, synthesis, granulation
• Experience building features for audio designers in the game industry
• Passionate about game audio and excited for video games
• Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do
Nice to have skills
• Familiarity with spatial audio solutions (i.e. Google Resonance, Oculus Audio, etc.)
• Familiarity with audio programming languages like Max, PD, SuperCollider.
• Experience with the JUCE C++ audio framework.
• Background in music, sound design, or other audio related field.
Psyonix is a video game developer best known for Rocket League, the award-winning game that combines soccer, driving, and highly competitive and addictive gameplay. As part of the Epic Games family, we are an industry-leading game studio rooted in a crunch-free philosophy that emphasizes an amazing employee experience, located in the heart of San Diego.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3vx04-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.