What We Do
Push your artistic talent to the limit on a team of world-class animators, as well as environment, character, and concept artists who strive to innovate and inspire.
What You'll Do
Epic Games is searching for experienced Animators to join our team working on projects under the Fortnite IP. You'll create original animation with a strong emphasis on style and appeal that's grounded in realistic world physics. A great understanding is needed of the fundamentals of animation and how they relate to game animation and the ability to implement animations in the Unreal 5 game engine using our animation blueprint system. A strong sense of gameplay feel and timing in relation to game design principles in Fortnite is a must.
In this role, you will
• Create character specific animations such as gameplay animations for the main player and AI as well as dances and emotes or cosmetic items in Maya using our ART/Armature tools set, as well as in Unreal Engine using our Control Rig toolset.
• Take animation from initial concept through implementation in Unreal Engine 5 using our animation blueprint system.
• Drive collaboration across disciplines, including Production, Design, Technical Animation, Technical Design, and implementation to help drive the style and feel of Fortnite's animation.
• Collaborate with leads in a dailies style critique environment, and find optimal solutions and address basic issues as they arise.
• Refine animations and gameplay feel as needed to get the best quality animation within the timeline.
What we're looking for
• A strong animation reel showing expertise in key-framed character and creature animation.
• Relevant experience in Maya and gameplay systems.
• Good instincts for realistic and stylized motions.
• Familiarity with the Unreal Engine 5 art pipeline.
• Related skills; such as modeling, skinning, and rigging.
• Experience working with Motion Capture is a plus.
• Experience shipping at least one title.
If you have a portfolio/reel/website you'd like to share, please hyperlink it to your resume, or submit it as an attachment with your application.
EPIC GAMES + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpq0z0-44-200-112-172-42 in your application.