ART AT EPIC
What we do
Push your artistic talent to the limit on a team of world-class environment, character and concept artists who strive to innovate and inspire.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic.
What you'll do
Epic Games is searching for experienced Animators to join our team working on Fortnite. A successful candidate should have a great understanding of the fundamentals of animation and how they relate to game animation and the ability to implement animations in the Unreal 4 editor using our animation blueprint system.
In this role, you will
• Create character specific animations such as dances and emotes as well as gameplay animations in Maya using our ART tools set
• Take animation from initial concept through to implementation in Unreal Engine 4 using our animation blueprint system
• Work with the team to help drive the style and feel of Fortnite's animation
What we're looking for
• You have an animation reel showing key-framed character and creature animations
• Strong experience with Maya and gameplay systems
• Good instincts for realistic and stylized motions
• Strong communication and teamwork skills
• Familiarity with the Unreal Engine 4 art pipeline
• Related skills; such as modeling, skinning, rigging
• Experience working with mocap data
• Experience having shipped at least one title
• You're user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3xk99-3-234-211-61-42 in your application.