ENGINEERING - GAMES
What We Do
Unreal projects have been leading the pack of real-time entertainment with our constantly growing team of engineering experts. We're always improving on the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What You'll Do
We're looking for a Senior Animation Programmer to help build the animation technology for a new game in the Epic ecosystem.
Using the tools and pipelines of Unreal Engine, you'll work on all aspects of the animation technology behind a cutting-edge game experience. Most importantly you'll work with a creative, energetic, and fun team to bring a brand new game experience to players around the world!
In this role, you will
• Designing and implementing animation features and tools
• Work closely with other engineers, animators, and technical animators
• Analyze and optimize both memory and performance in systems that have to scale from high-end to mobile systems
• Contribute to the broader design and implementation of the whole project
What we're looking for
• Excellent C++ experience, and familiarity with scripting systems like Blueprint, Lua, Python, etc.
• Experience with rigging systems, animation state machines, low-level animation systems, physics-based animation and/or IK systems
• Well-versed in software engineering principles
• Experience in a cross-disciplinary development environment with excellent communication skills. You should be able to communicate and explain trade-offs with non-engineers!
• Experience with an existing game engine and editor concepts. UE4 or UE5 would be nice to have.
• Fearless attitude to making deep and profound changes to an existing engine to provide paradigm shifting improvements that change the world
• Experience developing in a large codebase at a fast pace, making trade-offs between usability, performance, and power
This role is open to multiple locations (including CA, NYC, and WA).
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren't limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic's generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
New York City Base Pay Range
$137,372 - $228,953 USD
California Base Pay Range
$151,109 - $251,848 USD
Washington Base Pay Range
$144,240 - $240,400 USD
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwo54n-18-232-31-255-42 in your application.