ENGINEERING - GAMES
What We Do
Unreal projects have been leading the pack of real-time entertainment with our constantly growing team of engineering experts. We're always improving on the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What You'll Do
We're looking for a Senior Animation Engineer to help build and support animation technology for use in developing features and gameplay for Fortnite. Using the tools and pipelines of Unreal Engine 5, you'll work on many aspects of the animation technology to help drive the convincing and expressive movement of animated characters in a large multiplayer game.
In this role, you will
• Design and implement animation features and tools
• Collaborate with gameplay programmers, animators, gameplay designers, technical designers in animation, and technical animators
• Investigate and solve complex animation issues that arise during gameplay and with cosmetic character animations
• Contribute to the broader design and implementation of the whole game
• Cooperate often with Unreal Engine programmers to help improve the engine's animation technology and tools
• Have the opportunity to work on a variety of animation features and to quickly see them enjoyed in game by millions of players
What we're looking for
• Excellent C++ experience, and familiarity with visual scripting systems like Blueprint
• Experience with animation state machines, low-level animation systems, IK/procedural systems, and/or gameplay animation integration
• Experience in a cross-disciplinary development environment with the ability to discuss implementation details and tradeoffs with both engineers and non-engineers
• Experience with an existing game engine and editor concepts. UE4/UE5 experience is a bonus.
• Experience developing in a large codebase at a fast pace with the ability to prioritize and optimize efficiently
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r03qk6-44-192-79-149-42 in your application.