What We Do
Put your design skills to work at a cutting-edge company that challenges the norm. From character and level design to competitive gameplay and system design, help shape the future of interactive entertainment at Epic.
What You'll Do
Epic Games is looking for a Senior AI Designer to join our team working on Fortnite. Game designers at Epic are a part of a cross-discipline development team that own the vision and drive to create innovative features and content which expand the Fortnite universe.
In this role, you will
• Own the design vision for AI focused features.
• Craft high quality, player-facing AI behaviors and abilities using behavior trees and visual scripting.
• Create quick prototypes to try out and demonstrate new ideas in game.
• Collaborate with team members from various disciplines to deliver high quality experiences to our players.
• Cooperate with other designers from the AI team to define and promote a cohesive vision for AI in Fortnite.
• Use playtest feedback to iterate and improve AI features.
• Create and maintain clear and concise design documentation.
What we're looking for
• Experience shipping multiple AAA titles as a Designer.
• Experience developing AI for a highly systemic environment.
• Experience creating behavior trees and using visual scripting.
• A creative approach that can surprise and amaze players with new ideas and experiences.
• Talent for empathizing with players and a deep understanding of player motivations.
• Team player with good communication skills (verbal and written)
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2kww7-35-172-165-64-42 in your application.