Senior Accountant, M&A / Technical Accounting
Accounting at Epic
In this role, you will
• Assist with valuation work on M&A deals (as required), Purchase Price Accounting, and integration of accounting policies
• Research accounting implications/guidance to transaction /M&A / Business Development teams on various ad-hoc investment or other transactions, as required.
• Assist with the preparation of ASC 840 memos for each M&A transaction documenting key assumptions and accounting conclusions and own the preparation of the purchase price allocation analysis.
• Along with the Policies/Controls prime, provide support to the worldwide team on technical USGAAP accounting matters/questions, as required.
• Participate in new accounting guidance roll-out initiatives (e.g. ASC842, CECL etc.
• Work with the revenue team on any revenue recognition related matters, on an as needed basis.
• Assist with reporting units conclusion and annual goodwill impairment testing
• Responsible for alerting Company toward relevant accounting pronouncements
• Work with International Team and External Consultants on IFRS related matters, as and when required.
What we're looking for
• Strong knowledge of US GAAP
• Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions.
• Demonstrated ability to work in and with high-performing teams
• Strong communications and interpersonal skills.
• Solid analytical and technical skills.
• Independent and self-starter with a ''can-do'' attitude
• Hands-on, flexible, and a team player able to function in a fast paced environment.
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel and experience of working in ERP systems
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Accounting; Master's degree a plus
• CPA / CMA
• 4 years+ of combined Public and Private Industry accounting experience
• SOX experience (desirable)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnkk4o-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.