Stock Plan Administrator
Accounting at Epic
What you'll do
We are looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to join our US Controllership team based in Cary, North Carolina. You will be responsible for various accounting functions, management reporting, and some aspects of the monthly close process. Your duties for the Senior Accountant include timely and accurate monthly analysis and reporting within assigned deadlines. This position requires a strong knowledge of accounting principles and accounting functions from both a detailed and big-picture perspective.
In this role, you will
• Assist with the month-end closing process, conducting research, and making correcting journal entries where needed
• Assist with balance sheet reconciliations for month-end, quarter-end, and annual closes
• Record recurring journal entries for G/L accounts, for US entities
• Assist with monthly management and investor, Non-GAAP reporting
• Prepare year-end technical accounting memos as needed
• Assist with special projects related to new technical accounting pronouncements
• Assess and evaluate whether certain process improvement activities can be implemented
• Prepare documentation to ensure that certain accounting policies and procedures can be memorialized in writing
What we're looking for
• Bachelor's Degree, in finance, accounting, or business administration
• 3+ years of accounting experience
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a timely manner
• Attention to detail, organization, and experience in a fast-paced environment
Nice to have skills
• Certified Accounting Designation
• Experience with ERP systems or complex accounting software systems
• Advanced MS Excel skills
• Interest in gaming
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love we have for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.