- Full Time
Epic Games is searching for an experienced hands-on research scientist for our office in Pittsburgh. The ideal candidate will bring a passion for digital humans and experience with machine learning and animation tech.
• Research and implement novel methods for modeling, animating and capturing Digital Virtual Humans
• Develop and apply the latest ML algorithms to learn appearance, geometry, and parametric representations from high-quality training data
• Contribute new technology to the next generation of real-time graphics, media, and interactive entertainment
• Interact with the scientific community, publish at top tier locations, contribute domain knowledge and advice in support of R&D efforts
• PhD in computer vision, computer graphics, speech, machine learning/AI, or closely related field
• Demonstrated publication history in highly ranked conferences and/or journals
• Strong implementation and programming skills
• Experience using and extending ML tools, e.g. PyTorch, TensorFlow
• In-depth knowledge in one or more of the following areas: real-time graphics, animation, simulation, performance-capture, 3D reconstruction, material/reflectance modeling, neural rendering
• Previous experience with face/body data-capture and processing a plus
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rooox2-3-236-231-61-42 in your application.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.