Engineering at Epic
What We Do
Epic Games creates and deploys advanced computer-vision and machine learning technologies to transform the production and consumption of digital media. With our MetaHuman Product, we enable creation of photorealistic digital faces and push the boundaries of Digital Humans.
Our innovations include world-leading technologies for precise facial tracking in marker less video, stereo, and depth data. These methods, already well-known for powering the industry's leading digital human services, now bring high fidelity experiences to creatives and consumers alike.
What You'll Do
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Machine Learning researcher to join Epic Games Research & Development, a world-leading provider of digital human and facial animation technology based at the San Francisco office or remote worldwide.
The ideal candidate will bring passion for digital humans and experience in the fields of computer graphics, computer vision, and machine learning. You will develop and apply algorithms in the domain of human face and body detection, segmentation, reconstruction, modeling, rigging, and tracking to help us build the next generation of digital humans. We developed one of the world's best face and body 3D and 4D scanners and have the team and toolsets for creating extremely precisely labeled datasets. If you are looking to push the state-of-the-art using the best data out there and would like to help us cross the uncanny valley, we would like to hear from you!
In This Role You Will
• Research, develop and deploy machine learning methods for 3D reconstruction, automated facial tracking and other vision and graphics related applications
• Partner with Epic projects and products to deploy and deliver solutions and new valuable capabilities to Epic products
• Turn research prototypes into robust, well-engineered code which can be used in Epic's products
• Work on 'special projects': one-time projects requiring significant research innovation
• Investigate, analyse and make recommendations to management regarding technology improvements, upgrades and modifications
• Learn about / evaluate the latest technologies which may be relevant to the company's goals; attend relevant conferences etc
What We're Looking For
• MSc or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Graphics, Machine Learning or a related discipline
• Experience with Computer Graphics and Computer Vision techniques
• Understanding of mathematical optimization and underlying implementation of modern neural network architectures
• Ability to deliver tangible and deployable code and software solutions
• Understanding of modern Machine Learning concepts
• Experience with ML frameworks such as TensorFlow, Keras, Torch, Caffe, etc
• Strong programming skills in C++ (preferably C++ 11/14) and Python
Nice To Have Skills
• Software development experience in a commercial environment
• Experience with a 3D animation package or rendering engine (e.g. Maya, Motionbuilder, Unreal Engine)
• Research Experience demonstrated through publication in top-tier conferences
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate and communicate with engineering teams
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnx153-54-198-139-112-42 in your application.