Novi Sad, Serbia
What you'll do
3Lateral and Epic Games are looking for an experienced Research Engineer. The ideal candidate will bring passion for digital humans and experience in the fields of computer graphics, computer vision, geometry processing, and/or machine learning. You will develop and apply algorithms in the domain of human face and body detection, segmentation, reconstruction, modelilng, rigging, and tracking to help us build the next generation of digital humans. 3Lateral developed one of the world's best face and body 3D and 4D scanners and has the team and toolsets for creating extremely precisely labelled datasets. If you are looking to push the state-of-the-art using the best data out there and would like to help us cross the uncanny valley, we'd like to hear from you!
What we're looking for
• MSc/Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
• Experience with Computer Graphics and Computer Vision techniques
• Strong programming skills in C++ and Python
• Experience with real-time systems, multi-threading, SIMD, and GPGPU
• Understanding of mathematical optimization and underlying implementation of modern neural network architectures
• Understanding of modern Machine Learning concepts
• Experience with ML frameworks such as Tensorflow, Keras, Torch, Caffe, etc
• Knowledge of 3D packages such as Autodesk Maya
• Familiarity with Unreal Engine 4 or experience with the game or other engine technology
Nice to have skills
• Research work/publications in the fields of Machine Learning, Computer Graphics and/or Computer Vision
• Experience in the field of digital humans
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d88vjk-18-204-227-34-42 in your application.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.