Epic Games is looking for a quality-focused Release Manager to work closely with our producers, programmers, build engineers, and QA teams to oversee the build and release process for Fortnite. In this position, you will work directly with the brightest technical minds in the business as we build the premier game engine for a multitude of platforms.
• Owning the scheduling, coordination, quality control and external certification process across multiple platforms and/or products
• Acting as the liaison between external partners (Sony, MSFT) and the development team, coordinating and negotiating development plans, exceptions, sales/mktg/publishing content, as well as releases
• Knowing and owning the process for submitting builds to external partners inside and out, and is the expert on all things related to external build certification
• Owning publishing tools verification process as related to build certification and release
• Working with publishing and dev team to determine release content plans as related to sales, giveaways, promotions, etc and shepherds that content through external party approvals for release
• Owning, managing and maintaining content catalog and establishing pricing with publishing
• Working closely with QA, Build Engineer, and Lead Programmer on monitoring the automated build and integration process to ensure correct build execution, and facilitate resolution of build failures
• Working with Build Engineer to understand and communicate the impact of branches and code merges
• Working with QA Lead to establish and maintain bug triage process, determine and prioritize must fix issues for release and work with appropriate team members to ensure bug fixes happen as planned
• Working closely with dev production, QA, and Live Ops teams on identifying and resolving risk related to releases
• Coordinating internal and external release notes, known issues, and knowledge base updates
• Ensuring releases have passed all required checks and approvals leading up to live deployment and effectively communicate approved exceptions to all necessary parties
• Working closely with Live Ops team to coordinate and publish frequent builds, hotfixes, and patches
• Maintaining formal release records to track release content and history
• Strong project management and communication skills
• Willing and able to pick up any disparate tasks thrown your way - engineering, dev, prod, etc.
• Demonstrated ability in right-sized process development and improvement
• Experience with build and release processes for a Software as a Service product
• Technical orientation and a strong understanding of software development
• Familiar with Perforce, Jira
• Experience working with database technology
• Exposure to platform certification processes
• Knowledge of game development process and exposure to working with shipped and live titles
• Preference is shown to candidates familiar with UE4 and tools such as Tableau and Grafana
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we've been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic's award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.