QA at Epic
What we do
Unreal projects have been leading the pack of real-time entertainment with our constantly growing team of engineering experts. We're always improving on the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide. Our QA Leads own the testing process, risk management, and quality evaluation of a given feature, function or set of work, where you will be part of a rapidly iterating development team working closely with engineers. As Epic QA, you'll be on the cutting edge of testing software, tools, and technology that enable our developers and our customers to deliver top-notch experiences. If you're excited about working in a fast-paced environment and are highly motivated to ensure the best possible user experience, then we'd like to speak with you!
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic.
What you'll do
The Fortnite Technology team is looking for a full-time Technical QA Lead. This individual will supervise software testers and manage testing for multiple features, along with assisting in risk assessment and mitigation. They will be required to work within existing processes, while simultaneously finding ways to upgrade and innovate against what currently exists. They will be ultimately accountable for supervising a team of QA professionals, balancing workloads from multiple source teams, and assessing the skills and potential of contract testers. As project priorities are constantly shifting, we need Leads who can work with their team in identifying and escalating Product and Process risks early and often. If you are comfortable in a fast paced environment, capable of navigating interpersonal quandaries, and have the desire to develop highly skilled QA professionals in a technical context, then we would like to talk to you.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
• Supervising and mentoring Software Testers in day-to-day responsibilities, including Debugging, logging, and communicating with the Engineering team
• Provide constructive guidance to QA analysts, engineers, and testers to improve their work performance and career growth
• Develop a plan that solves the week-to-week testing requirements and expectations at a team level, and lead the team to execute against that plan
• Escalate issues to the right owners so that major issues are visible and handled as early in the development process as possible
• Gain familiarity with and understanding of the overall tech stack to identify gaps in testing process and coverage, and work with the Sr. QA Lead in the space to solve for those issues
• Communicate with multiple stakeholders to facilitate the flow of information and requirements between the feature team(s), production, and QA.
• Ensure that Automation efforts are moving forward effectively and efficiently
• Implement KPIs for product quality
• Define process for Risk Assessment and Management, mentoring QA Analysts and Engineers in identifying, escalating, and mitigating testing, process, and product risks
• Gather stakeholder requirements and establish a test reporting strategy for multiple component areas of a product.
What we're looking for:
• 5+ years of Software Quality Assurance Experience
• 2+ years in a QA Leadership role
• Technical Background - Capable of mentoring QA Engineers and other highly technical QA professionals in working with and writing code
• Experience working with multiple Platforms (Desktop, Mobile, Consoles)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with automation frameworks, and able to collaborate with SDETs and QA Engineers in establishing best practices for automated testing at different test levels
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0n548-34-231-243-21-42 in your application.