What We Do
The Quality Assurance team owns the testing process, risk management, and quality evaluation of all products and functions across Epic. Our team works closely with developers and production to ensure the best possible user experience for our community and customers.
What You'll Do
We're looking for a QA Engineering Specialist with the responsibility of guiding quality and contributing to the automation and tool creation for our Fortnite Battle Pass and Quests space. In this role, you will work closely with developers, product owners, and QA professionals to collect and meet necessary quality criteria on the Engagement team supporting Fortnite Battle Royale Battle Pass and Quests. The Fortnite Battle Royale Engagement team is responsible for creating an engaging experience through the implementation of battle pass, quests across storyline, seasonal events, special IP collaborations, cosmetics and much more. The role will cover quality of the BattlePass system, quest implementation, their reward distribution, and giving qualitative feedback to help find the fun in Fortnite. This role will also focus on working directly with designers and production to identify and report risk for your assigned features, ensure adequate coverage, work with internal and external test teams to execute on your test plans, and deliver a great player experience.. As a QA Engineering Specialist you will leverage your quality assurance, data analysis, and technical skills to drive appropriate testing techniques early on in development through release cycles and beyond.
In this role, you will
• Work with product owners, developers and QA management to define acceptance criteria, identify risks, and plan testing coverage for upcoming quests and quest features
• Contribute automated test cases within a framework or tooling to assist in testing efforts
• Assist SDETs and Engineers to investigate and design proposals for automated solutions
• Responsible for feature level test planning and test case execution of individual features
• Conduct whitebox, greybox, and functional testing as well as guide technical testing including performance tests, defect exploration and verifications
• Generate analysis of outstanding defect load and recommend new areas of testing and areas to prioritize for fixes
• Escalate quality concerns deemed unsolvable with given constraints and proactively manage incoming defects and work autonomously on highest value tasks
What we're looking for
• Ability to adapt and respond to an ever changing landscape
• 2+ years of experience in scripting (Python, C++, UE Blueprints, etc.)
• Working knowledge of relational databases, cloud computing technologies and CI/CD tools
• Technical understanding of web, mobile, XR, or game technologies, including automation, functional, qualitative, and performance against consistently iterative development
• Past experience testing frontend and backend services, console and mobile platforms, and creating detailed test plans and test cases for them
• Experience using tools such as Charles, Postman, RestAssured, and other testing tools to help facilitate troubleshooting and testing
• Problem-solving experience especially in technical environments utilizing debugging tools to investigate and report on results (eg. Visual Studio, Chrome Debug tools, Firebug, etc.)
• Ability to prioritize and work independently, as well as mentor in a team environment
• Experience with cross-platform or cross-browser testing
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmy4q2-3-214-184-223-42 in your application.