What we do
Epic Games is looking to significantly expand its internal full-time Quality Assurance team. We are looking for serious QA professionals with wide ranging skills and experience who want to work embedded directly with the Fortnite Gameplay development team.
If you're excited about working in a fast-paced environment and are highly motivated to ensure the best possible user experience, then we'd like to speak with you!
What you'll do
We're looking for a QA Engineering Specialist with the responsibility of guiding quality and contributing to the automation and tool creation on our Fortnite Battle Royale Gameplay team. This position owns the testing process, risk management, and quality evaluation of Fortnite Battle Royale Gameplay features, where you will be part of a rapidly iterating development team working closely with professional and highly technical developers.
In this role, you will
• Work with product owners, developers and QA management to define and identify requirements, anticipate risks, and plan quality coverage for upcoming and existing features / releases
• Coordinate test efforts between geographically distributed teams, vendors and agencies to deliver the highest quality product
• Build test strategies and test plans to cover seasonal content features in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
• Create testing tools as well as investigate and design proposals alongside SDETs and Engineers for automated solutions.
• Use a mix of manual and technical testing skills to execute a variety of testing techniques across gameplay features to analyze quality
• Analyze and troubleshoot reported defects and internal issues via whitebox testing and technical understanding
• Report and track for data quality and use that data to drive conversations around product quality and development health
What we're looking for
• 5+ years of software testing experience and 2+ years of coding/scripting knowledge
• Previous experience creating tools or automation using Python, C++ and/or C#
• Solid understanding of test methodologies, iterative development, and data/analytics
• Problem solving experience especially in technical environments utilizing debugging tools and IDEs (Visual Studio, XCode, etc.) to investigate and report on results
• Strong communication skills and ability to confidently collaborate with senior dev engineers on technical topics and features
• Prior experience working with Unreal Engine and designing automated tests
• Proven track record of successful contributions to the release of high-quality products through test plans in a fast paced work environment for multiple projects
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1z06x-35-172-223-251-42 in your application.