QUALITY ASSURANCE - UNREAL ENGINE
What we do
Epic Games is looking to significantly expand its internal full-time Quality Assurance team. We are looking for serious QA professionals with wide-ranging skills and experience who want to work embedded on a development team.
What you'll do
As a member of our team, the QA Engineer will own the testing process, risk management, and quality evaluation of core areas within our Framework-AI team. This individual is responsible for regular communication and coordination with the development team and QA staff, as well as identifying and implementing automated tests or processes wherever needed.
In This Role, you will
• Work with product owners, developers, and QA management to identify requirements, anticipate risks, and plan testing coverage for existing and upcoming AI features
• Build test strategies and test plans to cover the AI features in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
• Coordinate automated, functional, qualitative, and performance testing efforts
• Contribute automated test cases or tools within a framework
• Use a mix of manual and technical testing techniques to analyze quality across the AI feature set
• Analyze and troubleshoot reported defects and internal issues
• Report and track for data quality, and use that data to drive conversations around AI quality and developmental health
• Coordinate analysis and testing with other internal game development QA teams, such as the Fortnite AI team
What we're looking for
• 3+ years of software testing experience in a fast-paced environment with the ability to prioritize and work independently, as well as in a team environment
• Experience working on Gameplay and/or AI development features and systems
• Solid understanding of test methodologies, including automation, functional, qualitative, and performance against consistently iterative development
• Problem solving experience especially in technical environments utilizing debugging tools and IDEs (Visual Studio, XCode, etc.) to investigate and report on results
• Experience creating test plans in accordance to design requirements/expectations
• Technical understanding of game engines such as Unreal Engine, Unity, or similar
• Experience testing across multiple platforms such as PC, Mac, Mobile, and Consoles
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4zmky-34-236-192-4-42 in your application.