What We Do
Epic Games is looking to significantly expand its internal full-time Quality Assurance team. We are looking for serious QA professionals with wide ranging skills and experience who want to work embedded on a development team.
What You'll Do
The LTM team is responsible for the creation, release, and maintenance of unique limited time modes. This role will focus on cross-team collaboration, working with diverse internal and external testing teams, performance testing on supported platforms, qualitative testing and validation testing in-game and in the engine.
To be set up for success, the person in this role should have experience with end-to-end feature ownership and risk assessment while being flexible in a fast- paced environment.
In This Role You Will
• Work with product owners, developers and QA management to define acceptance criteria, identify risks, and plan testing coverage for your areas of responsibility.
• Build test approaches and test plans in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
• Conduct standard functional and qualitative testing on map assets in game and in engine.
• Plan and conduct defect exploration and verification of game modes and features in game and engine.
• Analyze and troubleshoot reported defects and internal issues within the product and escalate quality issues.
• Proactively manage incoming defects and work autonomously on highest value tasks, be it test writing or test execution.
What We're Looking For
• 2+ YOE in testing
• 6+ months in Quality Assurance
• Exposure to software development life cycle and how QA fits in that cycle
• Experience in functional and usability testing
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while prioritizing work both independently, and in a team.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• You're user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do
Nice To Have Skills
• Game development or level design experience
• Familiarity with multiple platforms and cross-platform testing
• Unreal Engine 4 experience
• Usage of Atlassian tools, or similar documentation and tracking databases
• Experience identifying gaps in test coverage and root cause analysis
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwe45n-52-90-49-108-42 in your application.