What we do
Epic Games is looking to expand its internal Quality Assurance team. We are looking for serious QA professionals with wide ranging skills and experience who want to work embedded on a development team. This position owns the testing process, risk management, and quality evaluation of a given feature, function or set of work, where you will be part of a rapidly iterating development team working closely with developers and production. If you're excited about working in a fast-paced environment and are highly motivated to ensure the best possible user experience, then we'd like to speak with you!
What you'll do
In this role you will work closely with developers, product owners, and QA analysts on the map team to collect and meet necessary quality criteria. The map team is responsible for Fortnite's playable world, map surfaces, collision, tech-based storytelling elements, environmental assets, and even more awesome secrets. The role will cover testing of the map in-game on various platforms, as well as testing map assets in the engine. This role also will focus on cross-team collaboration, working with various internal and external testing teams, performance testing on supported platforms, qualitative testing and validation testing in-game and in the engine.
To be set up for success, the person in this role should have experience with end-to-end feature ownership and risk assessment while being flexible in a fast-paced environment.
In this role, you will
• Work with product owners, developers and QA management to define acceptance criteria, identify risks, and plan testing coverage for upcoming map features.
• Build test approaches and test plans in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
• Conduct standard functional and qualitative testing on map assets in game and in engine.
• Perform map-based performance testing on supported platforms
• Plan and conduct defect exploration and verification of map features and map assets in game and engine.
• Analyze and troubleshoot reported defects and internal issues within the product and escalate quality issues.
• Proactively manage incoming defects and work autonomously on highest value tasks, be it test writing or test execution.
What we're looking for:
• 2+ YOE in testing
• 6+ months in Quality Assurance
• Exposure to software development life cycle and how QA fits in that cycle
• Experience in functional and usability testing
• Ability to prioritize and work independently, as well as in a team environment
• Ability to thrive while working in a fast-paced working environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Nice to have skills:
• Game development or level design experience
• Experience with multiple platforms and cross-platform testing
• Unreal Engine 4 experience
• JIRA or other Bug database experience
• Experience identifying gaps in test coverage and root cause analysis
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbovve-3-235-179-111-42 in your application.