What we do
Epic Games is looking to significantly expand its internal full-time Quality Assurance team. We are looking for serious QA professionals with wide-ranging skills and experience who want to work embedded on a development team.
What you'll do
As a member of our team you will be responsible for the test preparation, execution, quality evaluation, and risk reporting of a given area of the Unreal Engine, working closely with members of Production and the development team you are embedded on. Embedded on the UE - Console development team, you will ensure the quality of UE-created content on the latest generation consoles.
In this role, you will
• Work with product owners, developers and QA management to define acceptance criteria, anticipate risks, and plan testing coverage for existing and upcoming features
• Manage functional, qualitative, and performance testing efforts
• Analyze and troubleshoot reported defects and internal issues
• Report and track for data quality and use that data to drive conversations around product quality and development health
• Support developers before, during and after deployments
What we're looking for
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
• 3+ years of software testing experience in a fast-paced environment with the ability to prioritize and work independently, as well as in a team environment
• Prior experience testing complex software and developing test plans and test cases
• Technical understanding of Console, Mobile, XR, or other platform technologies, and Desktop platforms and operating systems for Windows, Mac, and Linux
• Experience with platform development and debugging tools like PlayStation Neighborhood, Xbox Manager, Android Studio or Xcode
• Solid understanding of test methodologies and iterative development
• Strong communication skills and ability to confidently collaborate with senior dev engineers
This position is listed in multiple locations across North America and Europe including
Cary, North Carolina
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro5126-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.