What We Do
Create and maintain a proactive and stable IT environment as well as provide IT support to our Epic people. You will be empowered to shape processes that deliver optimized IT service across our business. Work with emerging technologies while enabling IT success for everyone.
What You'll Do
Epic Games is looking for an Engineering Lead to support a team of IT engineers on our Cloud Apps Engineering team that owns and maintains critical work productivity suites and applications that our employees rely on every day. The ideal candidate for this position is passionate about practical problem-solving while balancing the longer-term strategic needs of Epic Games. This leader will be comfortable working directly with engineers, partner teams, and stakeholders to assess and maintain the overall health of our deployed suite of Atlassian products, develop roadmaps that prioritize value delivery, and implement solutions that meet both business needs and technical best practices.
In this role, you will
• Lead the team responsible for work productivity tools including services critical to Epic such as Jira Software, Jira Service Management, Confluence, and Adobe Workfront
• Provide support, leadership, and guidance to team members, ensuring they understand the team's priorities and the impact of their work
• Develop, own, and drive a comprehensive vision and roadmap for Productivity Engineering
• Oversee technical design and drive implementation of robust solutions, standards, and processes
• Partner with stakeholders to establish clear priorities and define expectations which translate to a scope of work the team can effectively deliver. Prioritize ongoing, transparent, and honest communication to build and foster trust with internal stakeholders and external partners
• Be responsible for continuous solution delivery, system performance improvements, system health and monitoring, work prioritization, and backlog management
• Partner with Procurement and Business Operations teams to manage vendor agreements, prepare for renewals, and identify new value opportunities
What we're looking for
• 7+ years of experience in an Atlassian engineering and/or DevOps role
• 2+ years in a management role
• Proven track record of growing, guiding, and developing teams
• Deep understanding of all aspects of running and working with JVM based applications and hosting Jira/Confluence Data Center on Linux including database scaling, hosting/managing/deploying apps on AWS, load balancers, proxies, and deployment pipelines. Strong technical knowledge of Jira, Jira SM, and Confluence administration and optimization is a must.
• Experience with DevOps tools including Terraform, Ansible, Packer, and Jenkins
• In-depth experience with public/private/hybrid cloud models, IT operations tools and best practices, release management, and change management
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with demonstrated strong communication skills with varying levels of stakeholders, within your team and throughout the company
• Experience in Agile Scrum with a focus on the continuous delivery model of deploying software
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r15wpe-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.