Manager, UX Design
San Francisco, CA
Design at Epic
What we do
The Consumer Social team focuses on building new social interactions for our players. By doing so, we empower people to have meaningful conversations, build relationships, and have fun together.
What you'll do
Epic Games is looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our Consumer Social team. In this position, you will have a role in designing features and UI screens by generating wireframes and prototypes. You will then work with engineers and artists to ship these features to millions of users. The ideal candidate would have expertise in user-centered design, an understanding of effective social-oriented systems, and experience in mobile UX/UI design.
In this role, you will
• Translate goals and constraints into compelling user-facing features
• Creating wireframes, interactive prototypes, and documentation that clearly convey ideas
• Present and pitch designs to product managers and engineers
• Work alongside engineers, artists, and UX researchers to develop features
• Help develop and maintain the aesthetic of the app
• Establish a robust design system and maintain it
• Lead the design processes for the Consumer Social team
What we're looking for
• 5+ years of real world experience designing for mobile social environments
• Demonstrated ability to implement UI widgets and features in a game engine
• Expert ability to create wireframes and prototypes
• Successfully designed UI/UX features that were implemented into a mobile title, preferably a top 100 title.
• Skilled in Sketch, along with Figma or other prototyping and mockup tools
• Familiar with Photoshop/Illustrator or other art tools
• Strong knowledge of UX design processes
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to see features through to completion and rapidly modify design as information changes
• You're user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do
Please submit your resume with a portfolio and we'll be in touch soon.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d93oj7-34-237-52-11-42 in your application.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.