What you'll do
We are looking for technical producers to join us for Fortnite to help with Performance Operations. In this position you will partner with teams across Epic to drive our performance pipeline across various teams and features . We are looking for individuals who excel in organization, multitasking, have exceptional communication skills, and who are comfortable managing schedules of complex projects. Ideal candidates have experience directly working with engineers and the systems they develop.
In this role, you will
• Own the outcome - No matter the complexity or challenges, ensuring that our products launch and operate successfully. This will entail collaborating with various teams on a number of complex features and shepherding it through our optimization pipeline from prepro to ship.
• Own the schedule - Work with Performance Teams to manage workload and coordinate cross-team efforts, and partner with various Feature Teams to help fulfill their goals while meeting performance requirements. Build and maintain project plans, schedules, and roadmaps considering dependencies across multiple development teams to ensure successful releases. Mediate competing performance requests and balance/schedule to achieve max throughput for the product.
• Communicate - Provide transparency and communicate frequently on project status and risks to stakeholders in order to ensure they are properly informed of any impacts for upcoming releases. Facilitate handoffs between QA, developers, production for performance efforts.
• Ensure the team and project have the best organizational structure, processes, and practices that allow them to produce high quality work efficiently and on time.
What we're looking for
• Previous experience working in a production role where you've managed cross-functional teams in the creation and delivery of complex projects.
• Deep understanding of game development, software development process, and project management practices.
• Demonstrates technical aptitude; strong preference to applicants with programming or technical experience.
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to multitask/reprioritize.
• Experience in an environment where you had to exhibit amazing problem-solving skills daily, viewing each new problem as an opportunity for success.
• Self-starter, you approach challenges creatively and methodically, seeing them through to final resolution.
• Have the ability to communicate with varying levels of stakeholders, within your team and throughout the company.
• Ability to drive high velocity, high impact development cycles, balancing out short-term needs and long-term vision.
• Ability to adapt and be effective in new situations within a highly dynamic environment.
• You're user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0mm6e-52-23-219-12-42 in your application.