What you'll do
Epic Games is looking for a talented, experienced Principal level Visual Designer to help us elevate Fortnite's UI. In this position, you will collaborate with other Principals, Directors, and Leads to craft a new forward facing design vision for Fortnite's UI. Your role will be to think holistically about Fortnite's visual design and help us chart and execute a new fresh direction forward.
In this role, you will
• Establish design pillars, thematics, and principles for Fortnite's future facing UI.
• Build visual design systems and establish cohesive visual patterns for motion, FX, UI transitions, tweens, tone, color, motion, typography, scale, and proportion that act as a force multiplier and unifier for the rest of Fortnite's UX/UI team.
• Help educate and mentor visual designers on the team.
• Balance thinking about the macro view of Fortnite's visual design and the micro view of how the newly established vision is articulated in the small details in a cohesive way.
• Work closely with UX, game design, code, audio, and animation to create beautiful looking UI and graphic design elements that compliment what the rest of the team is creating.
• Think about and plan for how visual design needs to change across diverse range of platforms.
• Lead efforts to define, maintain, and evolve how we use tools and manage visual design assets across the team.
What we're looking for
• 10+ years of experience designing in game UI and/or other visual displays for games, movies, or websites, etc.
• You are skilled with Figma, the Adobe Suite, and prototyping software.
• You have extensive experience working with multidisciplinary teams to ship AAA quality UI and UX.
• Experience with any intersection between 3D and UI: cameras, lighting, framing, post-processing, spatial UI, diegetic UI.
• You design at a high level. Your work shows your ability to craft design systems that solve complex problem spaces and guide entire products.
• A strong portfolio showing your work and insight into your process. Your work should show your ability to balance contrast, hierarchy, alignment, color, and composition into quality visual and interactive designs.
• You're highly proactive and able to work autonomously, but really enjoy collaborating as part of a high performing team.
• You have a passion for making and playing games.
• You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• A proactive individual who naturally leans into owning outcomes from start to finish.
• Experience with Unreal Engine, UMG, and designing and/or building 3D graphics.
• You have worked on 5+ AAA game titles.
• Unreal Motion Graphics UI Designer experience.
• Experience with building materials in Unreal Engine.
Please submit your resume with a portfolio and we'll be in touch soon!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1pype-3-236-51-151-42 in your application.