Technical QA Analyst
Engineering at Epic
What we do
Unreal projects have been leading the pack of real-time entertainment with our constantly growing team of engineering experts. We're always improving on the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What you'll do
Epic Games is looking for a Principal Programmer who is passionate about writing and bringing world-class, AAA game engine and editor tools for Fortnite creators and developers. Epic Games is bringing the entire toolset of Unreal Engine and the Unreal Editor to developers and creators to make and publish rich experiences within Fortnite. You will deep-dive on various technical topics, ensuring that the architecture and code are robust and scalable. You will drive engineering excellence in terms of implementation.
In this role, you will:
• Own the architecture of major technical initiatives, including security, validation, scalability, content processing, gameplay framework, etc
• Deep-dive into industry leading technical challenges where you will help to drive the vision and solutions
• Build and maintain bridges with other stakeholders to maintain and drive vision
• Look for ways to push the technology forward in new and innovative ways
What we're looking for:
• Excellent C++ skills and software engineering principles
• Experience architecting large, robust systems on AAA games or game engine technology
• Experience having worked on and shipped large game projects
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate fluently in English (written and verbal)
Nice to have skills:
• Experience with different engine technologies for perspective, including Unreal Engine, Unity, Frostbite, etc
• Familiarity with multiple hardware platforms
• Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k, and profit-sharing.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.