Online Engineering at Epic
Epic Games is growing operations inside our development teams to support operations of our large-scale, highly available, secure, online services and infrastructure behind Epic Games and products. The person in this role will work closely with software engineering, customer service, quality assurance, community, and product teams to provide online services that enhance the user experience for all of Epic's systems.
Epic Games is looking for a Principal Cloud Engineer for our Dedicated Server Fleet Management team and help build the automation platform that manages our globally distributed fleet of game servers to provide the best possible experience to players worldwide.
• Build and operate the automation platform that deploys, scales, and manages Epic's globally distributed fleets of dedicated game servers
• Define, collect, and report on service quality and efficiency metrics to drive continuous improvement
• Regularly drive key company initiatives forward
• Own decision making authority and responsibility over projects with significant organizational impact
• Work across teams to optimize reliability, performance, latency, and efficiency of game server fleets
• Provide service ownership for the fleet management platform and support 24x7 operations
• Follow industry trends and maintain a strong interest in emerging technology and best practices
• Deep experience with cloud infrastructure automation using public cloud APIs, especially AWS
• 10+ years experience building online services using modern best practices
• Experience being responsible for projects with significant organizational impact
• Strong Linux fundamentals and systems automation experience
• Proficient with REST services, and familiarity with NoSQL/SQL database concepts
• Solid software development fundamentals in Go/Java/Python/Ruby with a preference for candidates with Go experience
• Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery
• Demonstrated understanding of distributed systems fundamentals (communication models, synchronization, consistency, etc)
• Experience building, deploying, and operating services large scale
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm53om-3-236-170-171-42 in your application.