Apple Platform Programmer
Platform QA Analyst
QA at Epic
What we do
Epic Games is looking to significantly expand its internal full-time Quality Assurance team. We are looking for serious QA professionals with wide ranging skills and experience who want to work embedded on a development team. Whether you have very limited QA experience or you have 15 years or more, we have a position for you.
This position owns the testing process, risk management, and quality evaluation of a given Unreal Engine feature, function or set of work, where you will be part of a rapidly iterating development team working closely with developers and production. We are looking for serious QA professionals with experience testing across multiple platforms who can work closely with developers to ensure quality of Unreal Engine on the full matrix of platform support . As such, you will be at the center of platform development at Epic and involved in the development of the latest and greatest platforms in the industry.
If you're excited about working in a fast-paced environment and are highly motivated to ensure the best possible user experience, then we'd like to speak with you!
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic.
What you'll do
In this role, you will
• Work with product owners, developers and QA management to define acceptance criteria, identify risks, and plan testing coverage for upcoming features / releases
• Coordinate test efforts between geographically distributed teams, vendors and agencies to deliver the highest quality product
• Build test strategies and test plans to cover multiple features and platforms in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
• Maintain the quality of a large number of Platforms for both Epic and external development with Unreal Engine
• Manage functional, qualitative, and performance testing efforts
• Use a mix of manual and technical testing skills to execute a variety of testing techniques across your product to analyze the quality of said product
• Analyze and troubleshoot reported defects and internal issues
• Report and track for data quality and use that data to drive conversations around product quality and development health
• Support developers before, during and after deployments
What we're looking for
• 3+ years of software testing experience in a fast paced environment
• Solid understanding of test methodologies and iterative development
• Technical understanding of Mobile, Console, XR, or other platform technologies
• Technical understanding of Desktop platforms and operating systems: Windows, Mac, and Linux
• Experience with platform development and debugging tools: Android Studio, Xcode, etc...
• Experience in functional and usability testing in your domain of expertise
• Ability to prioritize and work independently, as well as in a team environment
• Ability to thrive while working in a fast-paced working environment, with the ability to juggle multiple projects
• Proven track record of successful contributions to the release of high-quality products
Nice to have skills
• Testing experience with Unix based systems
• Prior experience with test automation tools
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we've been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic's award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.