We are looking for a Linux Platform Programmer passionate about creating world-class, industry-leading game engine technologies, targeting the full spectrum of Linux platforms. You'll work to design and implement platform APIs, guide cross-platform API development, and create robust platform toolchains as required by the demands of a variety of both gaming and non-gaming related projects. If you're an experienced engineer looking for an opportunity to grow and contribute to our engine and feature development across all Linux platforms, we want to talk to you! You will work directly with the brightest technical minds in the business as we build the premier game engine for multiple platforms.
• Implement and improve various low-level systems that interface with platform APIs, e.g. memory allocators, file systems, input systems, graphics APIs, etc
• Identify, analyze and solve problems related to a modern game engine (load times, memory usage and platform specific performance issues)
• Make improvements to platform toolchains, i.e. compiler/linker support, deployment to device, SDK upgrades, platform specific data management tools, debugger integration, crash reporting, etc.
• Working closely with many teams to create and improve engine features for the Linux platform
• Contributing innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of the platform development
• Improving existing features in Unreal Engine on the Linux platforms
What we're looking for:
• Strong low-level programming experience in C and C++
• Experience with a broad range of engineering areas in shipping games, real-time visualization or kernel systems, with special attention given to low-level code and deep optimization
• Well-versed in software engineering principles, especially API design
• Familiarity with development tools and profiling on modern systems (including gdb and lldb) a plus
• Experience developing in a large codebase at a fast pace
• Prior shipped projects with UE4 is a plus
• Experience with Vulkan, Qt or Gtk a plus
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.