Production at Epic
What we do
Whether it's driving a vision from start to finish or collaborating with teams to inspire and deliver projects of Epic quality, Epic's production teams take pride in consistently delivering world-class products and experiences.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic.
What you'll do
Epic Games is searching for an experienced Outsourcing Manager to partner with the development and content teams on Fortnite (www.fortnite.com). In this role, you'll work closely with the game dev, content and production teams to ensure that high-quality content and development work is being delivered by multiple vendors.
Key elements of this role are experience managing relationships and content delivery with external partners, strong understanding of best practices for external development, and ability to communicate effectively across multiple teams with exceptional transparency and planning. The ideal candidate has shipped multiple AAA titles as an Outsourcing Manager or Outsourcing-focused Producer.
In this role, you will
• Work with Fortnite team leads to understand, determine, and deliver on outsource needs for Fortnite content and development
• Leverage your knowledge of vendors and pipelines to ensure productive partnerships and clear communication
• Own the process of finding, evaluating, and selecting outsourced developers for Fortnite
• Work with Fortnite producers to scope, negotiate, and set objectives with external partners
• Manage appropriate contracts, invoice approval, timelines and delivery schedules
• Manage communications and providing performance feedback to external vendors, while helping maintain strong relationships between external and internal teams
• Identify opportunities to improve workflow as it relates to outsourcing and improve as needed
What we're looking for
• 3+ years experience with outsourcing and external content/development management required, preferably for AAA games
• Demonstrated understanding of game development process and how multiple external developers can be integrated into a fast-paced and quality-focused project
• Highly organized, self-driven, goal-oriented, and a great team player able to work with some of the most talented developers in the industry
• Detail-oriented and able to track, prioritize, and conscientiously follow through on multiple competing elements of work, in timely fashion, across groups with varying interests
• Process oriented, with an understanding of project management methodologies
• Clear and concise communication, leadership, and people skills
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6x87n-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.