What We Do
Push your artistic talent to the limit on a team of world-class environment, character and concept artists who strive to innovate and inspire.
What You'll Do
Epic Games is searching for an experienced Outsourcing Lead to support and supervise creative content provided by outsource partners. Reporting to the individual art lead(s) and working with the Outsource Manager, the outsource Lead will provide front-line creative feedback for work submitted for Epic review.
Though the role will be mainly supervisory, the individual should be an experienced artist, having worked in game studio pipelines before, and have a solid hands-on art background.
The ideal candidate would be a talented artist who is able to communicate with outsource partners, including documenting existing pipelines, collecting or creating quality bar and technical example assets, collecting photo reference, creating asset blockouts, creating simple blockout paint overs, and finally packaging all files to send off to the external artists.
In this role, you will
• Work closely with the individual Epic Art Leads, Outsource Manager(s), and artists on the team to ensure assets have all the information they need when they are sent out to the external teams.
• Collect or generate detailed documentation, video reference, and examples of art asset production, procedures, and engine requirements to support the external vendors.
• If required, making any needed fixes to keep assets consistent and technically game ready as they're handed off from the outsource partner.
• Clearly communicating feedback to the outsource partner, and ensuring those creative notes and goals are met. Informing leadership in the event that isn't happening.
• Communicating and partnering with internal Epic art staff ensuring outsourced assets are ingested into the pipeline and engine correctly.
What we're looking for
• Experience in shipping AAA titles across multiple platforms.
• Experienced shipping production assets for games in either environment, character, weapon, or concept disciplines
• Experienced in game art asset creation in a variety of software packages including Maya, 3ds Max, Zbrush, Photoshop, Substance, etc.
• Must be highly organized, self-driven, customer focused, and a great team player.
• Must be a clear and concise communicator, able to deliver complex creative feedback across external vendor locations.
• Experienced working within a team and a high pressure production environment
• You're user-focused, passionate, solutions-focused, and innovative.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjp47w-18-206-92-240-42 in your application.